Wednesday, July 13, 2011

We're Engaged!

 

This news is kind of lagging in time but feel like i've been drifting by ever since Charles proposed to me! Charles confided that it was not the proposal he had planned but I wouldn't have changed anything. Charles and I met on the Fourth of July holiday so that weekend is very special to us and we've been celebrating our anniversary on that day. That weekend I had actually fantasized about him proposing to me on our anniversary as it would be so romantic. I was subtly (okay, really obviously) dropping hints that he should propose that weekend. I think by Sunday he had gotten so tired of it had have little talk with me. He basically said that I should not be thinking that and that he did not want to see me disappointed. I was very hurt... An hour later, he suggested that we watch the sunrise across our creek at the community beach. Honestly thinking that he must have felt guilty about what he said and not believing that he would actually wake up in time, I agreed we would. That morning, his alarm clock rang and he sprung up out of bed. Totally caught off guard (and people we know well will attest, he LOVES his sleep!), I rose out of bed, grabbed the camera and a couple towels. When we arrived at the beach, I sat on a large piece of driftwood and he drew a heart in the sand around Tytan. As Tytan walked off, Charles began pacing inside the heart. As the sun began to rise, Charles moved toward me and told me that he loves me. He asked me to please stand up as he had a question to ask me. As soon as he said those words, I felt like my mind was racing a mile a minute and at the same time felt like time stood still. Charles was so sweet and romantic with his words and getting down on one knee, I'll never forget how I felt at that moment. The picture was taken maybe five minutes after the proposal and I just love how it captures the sunrise, our dog, and the happiness we felt. Since that moment, I feel like I'm the luckiest girl on earth.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment