Monday, June 6, 2011

Well Pump House Progress


We've been working on the well pump house all weekend. I was super excited to hear that the siding that I've painstakingly researched had arrived. Based on the what I've read on Consumer Reports and homeowners on various forums around the web, we decided to go with the Nichiha Fiber Cement siding. Charles was sure about the fiber cement as it has been rated highly to withstand salty air. Though neither of us had heard of the Nichiha brand (there is the more popular James Hardie), I found that it has actually been around for quite a while (more popular in other parts of the world). After looking pictures of houses with the same material, I fell in love with the macadamia color. And of course, the color had been discontinued and was completely sold out. Luckily, it did take me on another path of finding discontintued colors that I could get at a discounted price. Of the choices I had, I guessed that "maple" would be the next neutral brown color that could accent the rest of the house when we put siding on in the future. Though I didn't admit to Charles at the time, I went truly on blind faith on the color as I could NOT find a maple colored house on the internet! After putting a couple boards up, I must say that the color selection a fine example of trusting your instincts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment